University of Pittsburgh, J.D., 1988
The Pennsylvania State University, B.S – Accounting, 1983
I started my career as a CPA with an international public accounting firm. I then went to law school and spent over 20 years as a corporate and securities lawyer with large, national and international law firms. My practice primarily involved corporate, securities and commercial law with extensive mergers and acquisitions experience. I represented large multinational corporations and small family businesses alike in industries including manufacturing, healthcare, energy and financial services.
I left the private practice of law in 2009 to become the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE: CCC) a global manufacturer of products that purify air and water. In addition to my responsibilities as the chief legal officer, I was a member of the executive management team with global management responsibility for human resources, risk management, government relations, environmental health and safety and facilities. In late 2015, I retired from Calgon Carbon. In 2016 I took a temporary position as the Interim Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR), a global manufacturer of parts for commercial vehicles and industrial markets with over 8,000 employees, where I was the chief legal officer and a member of executive management.
Now I am working on a project as Chief Legal Counsel to Coronado Coal, LLC, however, I am also Of Counsel to Stonecipher where I bring my large firm and in-house executive experience to give commercial and transactional advice to a wide variety of businesses. This gives me the opportunity to give clients top tier counsel in a very personal setting.
See me For:
- Merger, acquisitions and divestitures
- Commercial contract and other day-to-day business agreements
- Compliance and corporate governance matters
- Financing arrangements with banks and other lenders
Other points of interest:
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- Florida State Courts
- Ohio State Courts
- Michigan State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant – Pennsylvania (Inactive)
- Allegheny County Parks Foundation – Chairman of the Finance Committee and member of the Executive Committee
- Mt. Aloysius College – Former Trustee and Chairman of the Finance and Physical Plant Committee
- Kettle Creek Watershed Association – Founding Board Member and Former Chairman of the Board