I focus my practice in two major areas: (1) corporate and business matters; and (2) oil & gas law.
My corporate practice includes areas such as work on day-to-day business contracts, as well as buying and selling entire businesses or individual assets. Given that my core business clients are closely-held private companies, I have developed a deep understanding of the special issues and nuances of representing family owned businesses, including the difficult balance of building the family business while at the same time preserving the family, itself. Being part of the second generation of my family to work at the firm, I know from personal experience the complexities and sensitivities involved both in working for a family business as well as the dealing with issues that naturally arise in succession planning.
My oil & gas work began nearly 20 years ago, representing a regional oil & gas company, long before the Marcellus Shale or the Utica Shale began to be developed. Since then, as the oil & gas industry has grown and diversified in our geographic area, so has my oil & gas practice. I provide counsel for, and document, the key operative agreements in the oil & gas industry.
See Me For:
- Day-to-day business contractual work
- Buying and selling entire businesses or specific assets of those businesses
- Negotiating financing arrangements with banks and other lenders
- Representing family-owned and closely held businesses
- Buying and selling oil & gas interests in wells, leases and related assets
- Negotiating and drafting Joint Operating Agreements, Exploration Agreements, as well as contracts for drilling, well service and lease acquisition
- Pipeline management and ownership agreements
- Negotiating oil & gas leases and related documents, for operators as well as for landowners
Other Points of Interest:
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court W. D. of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court W. D. of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Woodward White, The Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law
- Fox Chapel Golf Club – Board of Directors and Secretary
- I previously served on the Board of Directors of various other charitable and non-profit organizations including:
- St. Margaret Hospital Foundation – Board of Directors;
- Vintage, Inc. – Board of Directors, former President of the Board;
- Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church – an Elder on Session, and
- Fox Chapel District Association.